Månadsinformation från Arkitektforum informerar om uppdateringar, ändringar, nya produkter och matnyttig information rörande Azure Dev, Azure Ops, AWS, .Net och Biztalk).
Conferences & Events
Integrate Remote 2021
Dates are set for this years edition of Integrate Remote 2021, the event is scheduled for 1-3 June 12-7 PM (UK Time)!
Integrationsbolaget will attend the event as usual as it’s considered to be one of the most relevant integration events of the year.
We will share our findings after the event so let us know if you are interested in the event but cannot attend yourself and would like a quick summary. It’s also possible to attend the Keynote speach for free.
Azure Friday – Diagnose and solve problems with Azure API Management
This video from Azure Friday gives you a quick overview of the new features called API Management Diagnostics that was recently added to API Management.
Azure API Management support for request and response validation policies has reached general availability
Protect your APIs from several OWASP API Security Top 10 vulnerabilities without requiring an add-on solution.
API Management support for request/response validation enables you to block or log API requests and responses that don’t adhere to the specified API schema – without utilizing an add-on solution.
Requests and responses can be blocked or logged if they contain:
- Missing required query parameters.
- JSON bodies that don’t comply to the declared JSON schema.
- Excessive body size.
- Query parameters that don’t match specified regex pattern or data type.
- Headers not specified in the API schema.
This capability will be rolled out over the next several weeks.
General availability: Azure Event Grid now provides support for delivery headers and additional advanced filters among other updates
Azure Event Grid now provides support for the following features:
- Set an array value for keys of a filter clause when creating or updating an Event Subscription and the use of additional filter operators.
- Define custom http headers on outgoing requests used to send events. On the Azure portal, this feature is available through a new tab called “Delivery Properties” shown when creating or updating an Event Subscription.
- Configure time to live for messages delivered to Azure Storage Queues.
- Set system-assigned managed identities to a System Topic associated to supported regional resources when delivering events to Azure Service Bus, Azure Event Hubs, Azure Blob Storage, and Azure Storage Queue.
Encryption scopes in Azure Storage now generally available
Encryption scopes enable you to provision multiple encryption keys to manage encryption at the container or blob level. Customers and ISVs can now use a single storage account for multi-tenancy scenarios by provisioning separate encryption keys for each customer. The key that protects an encryption scope may be either a Microsoft-managed key or a customer-managed key in Azure Key Vault.
Azure Storage Explorer v1.18.0 is now generally available
Azure Storage Explorer helps you upload, download, and manage the data you store in Azure Storage. Version v1.18.0 includes the following new capabilities:
- Decrease startup and load time of Storage Explorer.
- New connection flow to make it easier to specify the type of resource.
- For faster data transfer, Storage Explorer now uses AzCopy v10.8.0.
- Log files now have more descriptive names and, easier way to clean up old logs.
- Authorizing via shared access signatures (SAS) is now enabled for ADLS Gen2 accounts. You can now attach to an ADLS Gen2 Storage account, container, or folder via SAS using Storage Explorer.
General availability: Networking for Key Vault references on Windows in App Service and Azure Functions
While apps deployed using App Service Environments have been able to access network restricted vaults previously, now Windows apps with virtual network integrations can also access these vaults. This enables teams to further restrict access to secrets on which their applications depend. Support for Linux apps is coming soon.
Please note that there is a known issue at the time of this update which prevents versionless references from automatically updating when behind network restrictions. This will be fixed soon, but in the meantime, it is not recommended to use both features at the same time.
Key Vault references allow the app to use a managed identity to resolve secrets from Azure Key Vault and expose them as environment variables. This allows teams to easily move secrets into management without code changes.
Azure functions now supports .NET 5 but an important exception is it currently doesn’t support durable functions. On the other hand .NET 5 support introduces a new way of running Azure functions, in an isolated process. Read more in the link below about current and future .NET version support for isolated process and durable functions.
Support for durable functions will be added in .Net 6 for In-process & .Net 7 for Isolated process.
Community blog posts, news and interesting reading:
- BizTalk Scheduled Task Adapter 7.0.2 is now available for BizTalk Server 2016 by Sandro Pereira
- Microsoft BizTalk Server 2016 Feature Update 3 with CU8
- 20 Git Commands You Should Know
- Prevent exceeding Azure budget with forecasted cost alerts
- Azure APIM, Frontdoor & Developer Portal with Azure AD Authentication