Månadsinformation från Arkitektforum informerar om uppdateringar, ändringar, nya produkter och matnyttig information rörande Azure Dev, Azure Ops, AWS, .Net och Biztalk).
Conferences & Events
Integrate Remote 2021
Dates are set for this years edition of Integrate Remote 2021, the event is scheduled for 1-3 June 12-7 PM (UK Time)!
Integrationsbolaget will attend the event as usual as it’s considered to be one of the most relevant integration events of the year.
We will share our findings after the event so let us know if you are interested in the event but cannot attend yourself and would like a quick summary.
Azure Arc – the future of hybrid and multicloud – according to Microsoft
Find out how Azure Arc enabled API Management can help you solve critical business needs, check out our earlier post about Self-hosted API Management Gateway.
API Management Diagnostics now available in public preview
API Management Diagnostics provides an intelligent and interactive experience to help customers troubleshoot their API , with no configuration required.
When you build and manage an API in Azure API Management, you want to be prepared for any issues that may arise, from 404 not found errors to 502 bad gateway error. API Management Diagnostics is an intelligent and interactive experience to help you troubleshoot your API published in APIM with no configuration required. When you do run into issues with your published APIs, API Management Diagnostics points out what’s wrong, and guides you to the right information to quickly troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
You can use predefined categories to start troubleshooting issues.
You can use a search bar to search for common issues and get guidance to solve issues quickly.
General availability: Azure API Management now has named values integration with Azure Key Vault
API Management’s named values can now be stored and managed in Azure Key Vault. This feature has been out for a while in public preview but are now general available and ready to be used in production scenarios.
Azure API Management extension for Visual Studio Code now generally available
Perform common management operations on your Azure API Management service instances without switching away from Visual Studio Code. The extension helps developers to stay more productive without having to switch between tools and interfaces.
General availability: Azure Functions supports .NET 5 in production
Azure Functions now supports running production applications in .NET 5, the latest version of .NET.
Azure Arc enabled Kubernetes is now generally available
Now you can on-board all your Kubernetes clusters in production and manage them centrally from Azure with the help of Azure Arc which is now generally available.
General availability support for Java Message Service (JMS) 2.0 API on Azure Service Bus Premium
Use existing applications that leverage JMS 2.0 API to talk to Service Bus without any code changes. Only configuration changes are required. This feature makes it possible for you to easily move away from on premise messages brokers that leverages JMS or connect current EAI solutions to Service Bus the same way you would when using any other JMS provider (like MQ Brokers).
Public preview: Application Insights work item integration for Azure DevOps & GitHub
Azure Monitor Application Insights has released a new way to create work items based on application insights telemetry. This gives you the possibility to create DevOps or GitHub work items based on Application Insights telemetry and at the same time include telemetry data from Application Insights to set the context to kick off working with the work item.
Public preview: Application Insights auto-instrumentation for .NET5 App Services
Azure Monitor application insights now offers auto-instrumentation for .NET5 based Windows App Services. All the familiar functionality is available out of the box, the same way as for older .Net versions.
.NET Core 2.1 will reach End of Support on August 21, 2021
.NET Core 2.1 is reaching end of support on August 21, 2021.
Read more in this link:
The version with the longest support left now is .NET Core 3.1 (EOS December 3, 2022).
.NET Core 5 is not a LTS release (Long Term Support) so it’s only supported 3 months after the .NET 6 release, approximately EOS February 2022.
Read more about Microsoft Support policy in this link:
Community blog posts, news and interesting reading:
- Caching Logic App Responses with Azure API Management
- BizTalk Server tips and tricks for developers: How to create a .NET class from a schema
- How to structure your Git repository for DevOps automation
- BizTalk Server 2020: Hybrid Connectivity with Azure Logic Apps Adapter whitepaper
- A deep dive into serverless applications on Power Apps and Azure
- Demystifying cloud economics
- Experimenting with .NET 5 and 6 using Docker containers
Under this section we will list information about upcoming changes, products that will be retired or other general information that could affect your daily business if no actions are taken.
- Earlier versions of Analysis Services client libraries will retire on 30 June 2021
- Azure Database for PostgreSQL ending support for PostgreSQL version 9.6 on 11 November 2021
- Community support for Python 3.6 is ending on 23 December 2021
- The G5 and GS5 Azure VMs will no longer be hardware-isolated on 28 February 2022
- The E64i_v3 & E64is_v3 Azure VMs will not be hardware-isolated on 28 February 2022
- Azure Batch ‘CloudServiceConfiguration’ pools will be retired on 29 February 2024
- Network Performance Monitor is retired on 29 February 2024
- Jenkins plug-ins for Azure are being retired on 29 February 2024
- AKS legacy Azure AD integration will be retired on 29 February 2024
- Azure Network Watcher Connection Monitor (classic) retires on 29 February 2024
- Classic Application Insights retires on 29 February 2024
- Update your Azure Media Services REST API and SDKs to v3 by 29 February 2024
- AzureRM PowerShell modules retires on 29 February 2024 – Update your scripts to use Az PowerShell modules by 29 February 2024
- Older versions of Azure Active Directory Connect retires on 29 February 2024 – Please upgrade your Azure AD Connect sync to a newer version by 29 February 2024
- Version Sync 2.x of the Azure Cosmos DB Java SDK retires on February 29 2024 – Update the Azure Cosmos DB Java SDK by 29 February 2024
- Classic Azure Migrate retires on 29 February 2024 – Transition to Azure Migrate by 29 February 2024.
- Switch to Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 by 29 February 2024